Re: Where should RAC listener run from

From: Jeremy Paul Schneider <jeremy.schneider_at_ardentperf.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 13:03:50 -0500

I'm pretty sure oracle officially doesn't support adding listeners to the clusterware - so if you want more than one listener on the node then the clusterware can't manage them. Letting clusterware manage it also means that grid/database control can manage it. For this reason I've usually configured one listener per node.

eBus/Apps 11i is a bit unique and has its own req's - you need to do one per DB there.

--
Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL