How to trace a Windows session

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 15:32:53 -0800

Greetings,

I am trying to turn tracing on for another users session in order to track down some difficulties. The session is coming from a web application which will allow updates to data within the database. I can see the users session and the osuser displayed in the v$session view is NETWORK?SERVICE. I turn on tracing for this session using dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session, the user proceeds, receives an ORA-00942 but no trace file appears. Quite understand what is going on and am hoping someone can shed some light on the situation.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center