DG questions

From: Alessandro Vercelli <alever_at_libero.it>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 16:37:25 +0100

Hi everybody,
I've configured a couple of primary/standby (physical) databases on two separated hosts, 10.1.0.5, RHEL ES3.

I've read DG Concepts and Administration manual, but I'm a little confused about some parameters:

Q1. DB_UNIQUE_NAME: is it mandatory to have them different when DG is on separated hosts?

Q2. INSTANCE_NAME: the same as Q1 + can be omitted?

Thanks for your help,

Alessandro

BANCA MEDIOLANUM cerca Family Banker. Invia il CV a www.familybanker.it http://click.libero.it/mediolanum4nov

--