Re: DG questions

From: goran bogdanovic <goran00_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 22:57:27 +0100

Hi Alessandro,

10g Reference:

"DB_UNIQUE_NAME specifies a globally unique name for the database. Databases with
the same DB_NAME within the same DB_DOMAIN (for example, copies of a database
created for reporting or a physical standby) must have a unique DB_UNIQUE_NAME.
Every database's DB_UNIQUE_NAME must be unique within the enterprise."

This parameter is replace for the param. LOCK_NAME_SPACE, which is important for identifying the shared mem. segments for oracle instance to attach.

9i Reference:

"LOCK_NAME_SPACE specifies the namespace that the distributed lock manager (DLM) uses to generate lock names. Consider setting this parameter if a standby or
clone database has the same database name on the same cluster as the primary database.
If the standby database resides on the same file system as the primary database, set
LOCK_NAME_SPACE in the standby initialization parameter file to a distinct value
such as the following:
LOCK_NAME_SPACE = standby"

If you use Data Gruard Broker, the service used to access the db. must be configured with GLOBAL_DBNAME like: db_unique_name_DGMGRL.db_domain.

Also, DG identify all databases in the DG configuration according to this parameter.

Regards,
goran