Re: How best to get Oracle to divulge "proprietary information"

From: rjamya <rjamya_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 22:12:26 -0400

last hotsos we had a small discussion with someone from Oracle on this topic. That person acknowledged that yes, it is kinda odd to show the bug but to hide detail. However he made two points, one, most of the time the bug details contain proprietary info, i.e. actual code or details about a feature, references to internal spec documents etc and sometime it exposes some stupid mistakes in the code.

i have personally seen a few bug reports that contained some pieces of code from oracle kernel, and internal details. Guess I just got lucky.

But I think overall we might be better off not knowing all the details, simply because it would keep us sane.

But that is just my opinion.
Raj