Re: DBV slow W2K server

From: Sriram Kumar <k.sriramkumar_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:50:27 +0200

Hi Sean,

 As pointed out by gurus it doesn't make sense to run a DBV on DB/Backup on a daily basis for a DB that is big in size. you can try to schedule the DBV may be once in a week/fortnight/month(off peak time when nothing else is running) as a proactive measure.

I assume you are not using RMAN for DB backup.I dont know the size of your DB/backup and hence comment on the time taken for the DBV.

Being a Windows Box, I am to ask you an basic question. Is by any chance the Virus Scanner is enabled on the area where Oracle Datafiles/Backups are located?. If yes this could slow down things and may be you can configure the VS to ignore these areas.

Best Regards

Sriram Kumar