Re: DBV slow W2K server

From: Christo Kutrovsky <kutrovsky.oracle_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 09:29:49 -0400

Average speed 30 Mb/sec. It's relativelly low, unless you are coping from 1 spindle to the same spindle.

What version of Oracle ? Have you tried RMAN ? If the storage behind is an array I think you will be surprised by the speed improvements. That is if you have "filesystemio_options" set to "setall".

--
Christo Kutrovsky
Senior Database/System Administrator

-- Christo Kutrovsky Senior Database/System Administrator The Pythian Group - www.pythian.com I blog at http://www.pythian.com/blogs/ -- http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l