RE: DBV slow W2K server

From: Seán <Sean.oneill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 13:53:53 +0100

Hi Sriram,

The particular DB has an offline backup taken each night Mon - Fri. This is done on a disk-to-disk basis. I was simply running the DBV on the backed up files as an extra check to verify if any corruption was present in files. We've not moved to RMAN (yet!). The AV settings are as they always were on the drive in question, i.e. excluded.