RE: Huge import takes a long time

From: Mohan, Ross <RMohan_at_arbinet.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:05:22 -0000

I smell a global/nonpartitioned index on a partitioned table.

Yuck.

First thing I'd be doing (did, here) is get rid of that thing. It may well take some application love, but really really really worth it.

We had a 1.2Billion row index on a partitioned table, and I slept sooo much better after we partitioned it.