RE: Huge import takes a long time

From: Kline.Michael <Michael.Kline_at_SunTrust.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:29:40 -0400

The bummer is, while they call it a month, they set the same date to all transactions. But there may be some other way to do this.

I exported the partition from production and then tried to import into test, which had a matching partition/table.

The index is partitioned, and it seems that ONLY that index partition is getting hit as it is in a separate tablespace.

Yet, curiously enough, the tax on the syatem is pretty much nothing.

I also thought if they could have found some "division", they may have been able to use Pl/Sql routines and do "batch inserts" from one box to the other, but then again, may still have had the index problem. Not sure.

Michael Kline
Database Administration
Outside 804.261.9446
Cell 804.744.1545