Re: RMAN Syntax

From: Vitalis Jerome <vitalisman_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:42:03 +0200

Hi,

You did not redirect the last line: echo "}"

You should use this kind of syntax which is less error-prone:

cat > ${PAR_FILE} <<EOD ;
backup database plus archivelog delete input

       format '${DMP_DIR}/%d_t%t_s%s_p%p.bak'
       tag = '${ORACLE_SID}_${TIMESTAMP}'
       setsize=  2097160192;

delete noprompt force obsolete;