CTX Indexes

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR) <Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 07:59:42 -0400

All,

We are just creating CTX type indexes for the first time and I have a couple of questions.

I know that I need to periodically resync the indexes using the Ctx_ddl package. We plan on doing this nightly for now until the apps folks tell us it needs to be done more often.

I also tried to gather stats on the index, but the stats columns in the user_indexes view did not get updated. Is gathering stats on ctx type indexes a waste of time? Should I be gathering stats on some CTX tables instead - like the DR$INDEX_VALUE table where all of the data from the column is actually stored (this is a big assumption on my part)?

Thanks

Tom