RE: CTX Indexes

From: Jesse, Rich <Rich.Jesse_at_quadtechworld.com>
Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 12:22:25 -0500

Hmmm...do you mean CTX_DDL.SYNC_INDEX (sans "RE")? For a minute there, I thought I was running the wrong procedure. BTW, we run it every minute for an index whose key changes about 100 times/day the last I checked. There's no discernable overhead for us on a 4-way HP L3000 w/8GB RAM and about 300 total concurrent DB connections.

Rich

From: Mercadante, Thomas F (LABOR)
[mailto:Thomas.Mercadante_at_labor.state.ny.us] Sent: 25 May 2005 16:04
To: Hitchman, Peter (TS UK); oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: RE: CTX Indexes

Peter,

Speaking of CTX_DDL.OPTIMIZE_INDEX, do you remember if I should run that procedure regularly or CTX_DDL.RESYNC_INDEX? Should I run them both?

Thanks

Tom