Re: Oracle 10 G

From: Janine Sisk <janine_at_furfly.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 22:36:17 -0400

On Sep 2, 2004, at 3:38 PM, Ana Choto wrote:

> We're contemplating the task of upgrading our current 8.1.7.4
> datawarehouse
> and are trying to decide whether to go to 10 G or to 9i. We'd like to
> upgrade to 10 G but are not sure if it's the right choice as 10 G is so
> new.

I asked basically the same question recently. The responses all tended towards "9i is stable, why take chances". Also it turned out that Oracle had to pull the latest 10g patch on the same day I asked due to CLOB corruption under some circumstances (IIRC) and that pretty much sealed the decision for me.

Good luck!

janine

---
To unsubscribe - mailto:oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org&subject=unsubscribe
To read recent messages - http://freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004