Oracle 10 G

From: Ana Choto <achoto_at_american.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 15:38:30 -0400

We're contemplating the task of upgrading our current 8.1.7.4 datawarehouse and are trying to decide whether to go to 10 G or to 9i. We'd like to upgrade to 10 G but are not sure if it's the right choice as 10 G is so new.

We have an instance of 10 G installed, but we didn't install grid control, just database control. On a daily basis we have 40 packages that become invalid, and there are errors on the emagent.trc log. Oracle support hasn't been able to give us an explanation or solution for this.

We have three 9i production databases and we don't have any problems with them, they are very stable.

If someone out there is using 10 G on a production environment we'd like to know, and we'd like for them to share their experiences with us. Whatever you can tell us will help us in making the decision to go 10 G or 9i.

We're on Sun Sparc Solaris, 64 bit, 5.8.

Thanks

Ana E. Choto
American University
e-Operations - Information Technology
Phone (202) 885-2275
Fax (202) 885-2224

---
To unsubscribe - mailto:oracle-l-request_at_freelists.org&subject=unsubscribe
To read recent messages - http://freelists.org/archives/oracle-l/09-2004