REPLICATION

From: Seema Singh <oracledbam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 15:12:37 -0400

Hi,
I have setup production database full replication on seconday box in READ-ONLY MODE.Users are accessing the box boxes for DMLand select on PRODUCTION and select for secondary box.In case of disaster (suppose production database are having problem like disk failure ,controller failure etc) can I make READ-ONLY MODE database to READ-WRITE mode.

Here is my problem:
I have 2 identical box name db01 and db02.On db01 production instance is running.I want to use processing capacity of db02 24x7.I want to setup replication in such a way that in case of disaster (failure of db01) can we switch to db02 with minimun outage.
Client don't want standby or dataguard solution.They want to access box db01 and db02 both.the ONLY option client is looking in case of disaster can we make available db02 as production box ?
Any thoughts are welcome!
With regards
-Dinesh

Get fast, reliable Internet access with MSN 9 Dial-up – now 3 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/