Re: RAC Experiences

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:36:36 +0200

Don,

Thank you very much for your detailed reflections on this stuff. I think everybody should run RAC, of course, since I'm the technical director of a consulting company that employs about 60-80% of the RAC expertice in Denmark... Heh-heh.

Now, without wanting to implicate Tom Kyte with whatever rantings I come up with, I do think it's appropriate to quote Tom on one very clever thing here: "RAC is like an amplifier. If your application is designed to take advantage of RAC, then fine. It not, it could make things worse.".

Mogens