need help with sql*loader problem

From: david wendelken <davewendelken_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 13:57:25 -0700 (PDT)

I'm trying to export data out of Access into Oracle.

My predecessor on the project had used the Oracle Migration workbench to do it, but it replaced characters like " with ?. Haven't figured out how to tell it not to do that.

So, I set up some sql loader control files and exported the data from Access into csv files.

Unfortunately, the access data has carriage returns in the long textual data fields, so instead of one line per record, I get lots of lines per record. Sql*Loader is interpreting each line as a new record. I've told it to use " as terminators and , as delimiters, but those settings are "per field" not "per record.

Also, both of those characters are present in the textual data, which may be causing other problems.

Any ideas on how to get past all of this?