Re: 9i RAC or 10g RAC ?

From: Mogens Nørgaard <mln_at_miracleas.dk>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:21:08 +0200

Yes, the FS part of OCFS can be hard to spot :-). Perhaps they should have called it OC...

Couldn't agree more regarding VMS. Very stable, very mature. Which is why it's now dead.

I honestly think the biggest problem with any super-dynamic/super-fast-evolving business, like IT, is that anything that reaches a level of near-perfection with respect to the need of its users... will be replaced by something more chaotic. I cannot find any exceptions in the IT world, but would like to hear from anyone who can.

Mac is dead.
VMS is dead.
UNIX is dying. First Solaris, then Tru-64... Novell is dying.

Oracle10g is pretty close to being perfect in my eyes.

Mogens