&^@#%$@#%$ stinkin' oracle7 database

From: Adams, Matthew (GE Consumer & Industrial) <MATT.ADAMS_at_GE.COM>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 15:37:36 -0400

I've got a table in an Oracle7.3 database (that I'm finally getting to upgrade and I'm trying to figure out how to get the data from the old DB over to the new DB on the new server.

  1. table is too big to export (even sending the export to a pipe and = thence to a compress)
  2. table contains a long raw, so I cannot use the sqlplus COPY command
  3. table contains a long raw, so I cannot do INSERT INTO <DBLINKED = TABLE> SELECT * FROM...
  4. table contains a long raw, so dumping to a flat file and re-inserting = using sqlplus will not work.

Other than writing a Pro*C program to do it myself, how can this data be = moved?

Matt

Matt Adams - GE Appliances - matt.adams_at_appl.ge.com Just once, I wish we would encounter an
alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets.=20 Received on Fri May 07 2004 - 14:35:53 CDT