Re: &^@#%$@#%$ stinkin' oracle7 database

From: Tim Gorman <tim_at_sagelogix.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 15:28:41 -0600

Matthew,

How about if you send the export to a pipe and then have import read directly from the pipe? That way, you never run into a file size issue because you create a file.

Runs faster too, because you're pipelining as well performing only half the I/O. Instead of: EXP (read db, write file) then IMP (read file, write db), you'll now be doing: EXP (read db, write memory) then IMP (read memory, write db).

Sample korn-shell script attached below. You'll want to replace the "<user>", "<pwd>", "<sourceTNS>", and "<targetTNS>" strings as necessary. Also, the EXP and IMP commands are currently configured to do FULL=Y; you might want to replace with "TABLES=xyz".

Hope this helps...

-Tim