HP-UX 11i/9.2.0.3/Strange Executions

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 13:05:33 -0700

Hi Everyone!

HELP! I upgraded my SAP *PRODUCTION* instance to 9.2.0.3 over the weekend. Everything up until now has been OK. However, I now have some SAP Transactions (read: data entry forms) that are abending unexpectedly.

What's strange is that when we run the transaction on our Stage server the explain plan is different, and the query succeeds. In PRD, the query is a single-step, and in stage it gets broken out into sub-queries and executed there.

I created a report of all the database parameters. There is no difference that cannot be explained by the difference in CPUs, database name, or application paths. They are fundamentally identical.

But the query aborts on PRD. I am attaching the top few lines of a typical trace file. ANY help, RTFM references, suggestions, incantations, incense, or holy water will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

---