Re: 100% CPU utilization, urgent

From: Thomas Day <tday6_at_csc.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:59:35 -0800

Create the view dba_nt_threads and query it, then run the monitor CPU per session. These are not my scripts --- I'm pretty sure that they were posted here by others --- but I did not capture the information on who originally wrote them. My apologies. HTH

--cr_dba_nt_threads.sql

                      Hussain Ahmed
                      Qadri <hussain           To:      Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                      @skm.org.pk>             cc:
                      Sent by: root            Subject: 100% CPU utilization, urgent

                      01/20/2003 12:44
                      AM
                      Please respond
                      to ORACLE-L

HI all
We have a consistent problem of CPU utilization 100%. We have had this problem since Saturday, but it automatically subsided, I mean went back to normal after a few hours, and remained normal on Sunday as well. But its back to 100% since morning, that is when the load on the server has gone up again to 100% and over all work is non-existent.

Our machine is Compaq Proliant ML350, 900 MB ram, 933 single Processor, Database size of roughly 5 GB. WINNT4.0, Oracle 8.1.7.

I have checked the temporary tablespaces, they are normal. We have a 24x7 environment, a hospital, so please can you suggest the areas to look in to, its really very urgent.

Regards,

Hussain

Author: Thomas Day
  INET: tday6_at_csc.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 07:59:35 CST