RE: Re: 100% CPU utilization, urgent

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 00:28:52 -0800

Hussain,

  Good advice. First thing to do is to identify WHICH process or thread is using CPU. Once you have an OS identifier, check V$SESSION to see what it is exactly. I would not have as dark a vision as Pankaj - I mean it is not necessarily a virus or Trojan horse. I have seen quite a number of Oracle processes (DBSNMP springs to mind, but it's not the only one) causing this type of behaviour, and there is most often an easy workaround.

Author: Stephane Faroul
  INET: sfaroult_at_oriolecorp.com