RE: Re: 100% CPU utilization, urgent

From: Jeremiah Wilton <jwilton_at_speakeasy.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 05:33:53 -0800

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Hussain Ahmed Qadri wrote:

> It's the Oracle.exe which is taking 100%. V$session tells me about the users
> connected to the database, but no the info about which user is taking what
> percentage of CPU. How can I identify which Oracle process (like DBSNMP or
> anyother) it is that is taking so much CPU?

I don't know how to see the top CPU-using thread in Windows, but you can get this from the database if you have TIMED_STATISTICS set to TRUE. Just query v$sesstat and join to v$statname by statistic# looking only for 'CPU used by this session', and find out which sid is using the most CPU BETWEEN QUERIES. Alternately, you can get this info from the same table since instance startup by dividing the statistics value by the total lifetime of the session taken from from v$session.

I'll let you make the SQL.

--
Jeremiah Wilton
http://www.speakeasy.net/~jwilton

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.net -- Author: Jeremiah Wilton INET: jwilton_at_speakeasy.net Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).