Location of PLAN_TABLE

From: Thomas Jeff <ThomasJe_at_tce.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:42:40 -0800

Rather a trivial question, but our DBA team is discussing how best to implement the location of the plan table.   My preference is is simply create is as SYS, public synonym, and grant privs on it to our developers.   I'm being outvoted by the others, who want to create it in each and every application schema, but still grant access to all developers with no synonyms, the thinking being, that it would help to minimize accidental deletions of execution plans and so forth.

My belief is that's simply over-thinking this issue.   What do you do at your sites?

Thanks.

Jeffery D Thomas
DBA
Thomson Information Services