RE: Location of PLAN_TABLE

From: Mohan, Ross <MohanR_at_STARS-SMI.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:13:47 -0800

<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>individual schema is the way to go, IMO.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Deletions? if you want to save access paths, used stored outlines. (if an option)
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>Otherwise, why not do a an export?
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff

size=2>
just a
thought

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Thomas Jeff   [mailto:ThomasJe_at_tce.com]Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 12:05   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   Location of PLAN_TABLE
  Rather a trivial question, but our DBA team   is discussing how best to implement
  the location of the plan table.   My preference is <FONT   face="Courier New" size=2>is simply create is as SYS, public synonym, and   grant privs on it to our
  developers.   I'm being outvoted by the others, who <FONT   face="Courier New" size=2>want to create it in each and every application   schema, but still grant access to
  all developers with no synonyms, the thinking being, that <FONT   face="Courier New" size=2>it would help to minimize accidental deletions of   execution plans and so forth.

  My belief is that's simply over-thinking   this issue.   What do you <FONT face="Courier New"   size=2>do at your sites?
  Thanks.
  <FONT face="Courier New"

  face="Courier New" size=2>Jeffery D Thomas <FONT face="Courier New"   size=2>DBA Thomson Information
  Services Thomson multimedia
  Inc.
  Email: thomasje_at_tce.com <FONT
  face="Courier New" size=2>DBA Quickplace: <A target=_blank   href="">http://gkmqp.tce.com/tis_dba
  <FONT face="Courier New"
  face="Courier New" size=2>  Received on Mon Oct 29 2001 - 12:13:47 CST