RE: Location of PLAN_TABLE

From: Rao, Maheswara <Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 10:45:31 -0800

We
keep plan table in each of the developers schema and thus there is no problem of deletions and maintenance of this table.  Also, this is not such an important table for DBA maintenance.
<SPAN

class=002083318-29102001>
<SPAN

class=002083318-29102001>Rao

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Thomas Jeff   [mailto:ThomasJe_at_tce.com]Sent: Monday, October 29, 2001 12:05   PMTo: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-LSubject:   Location of PLAN_TABLE
  Rather a trivial question, but our DBA team   is discussing how best to implement
  the location of the plan table.   My preference is <FONT   face="Courier New" size=2>is simply create is as SYS, public synonym, and   grant privs on it to our
  developers.   I'm being outvoted by the others, who <FONT   face="Courier New" size=2>want to create it in each and every application   schema, but still grant access to
  all developers with no synonyms, the thinking being, that <FONT   face="Courier New" size=2>it would help to minimize accidental deletions of   execution plans and so forth.

  My belief is that's simply over-thinking   this issue.   What do you <FONT face="Courier New"   size=2>do at your sites?
  Thanks.
  <FONT face="Courier New"

  face="Courier New" size=2>Jeffery D Thomas <FONT face="Courier New"   size=2>DBA Thomson Information
  Services Thomson multimedia
  Inc.
  Email: thomasje_at_tce.com <FONT
  face="Courier New" size=2>DBA Quickplace: <A   href=""
  target=_blank>http://gkmqp.tce.com/tis_dba <FONT