SGI to AIX conversion

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuck_hamilton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:31:06 -0800

We need to move a 700g Oracle DW from SGI IRIX64 (SGI's 64 bit unix) to AIX and upgrade it from 7.3.3 to 8.1.7 at the same time. Anyone got any suggestions on how to do this quickly? I'd rather only use exp/imp as a last resort because it'll be so slow. One idea we've thought about is to:1. Backup controlfile to trace2. Modify the generated script to recreate the controlfile and reset the logs.3. Do a straight copy of the datafiles from one machine to the other4. Bring up the database on AIX using the modified script.Has anyone ever tried anything like this going from IRIX to AIX? We've done the same thing before going from HPUX to IRIX with no problems, but that was with both systems on the same version of Oracle.Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Mail Personal Address -
Get email at your own domain with Yahoo! Mail. Received on Thu Mar 29 2001 - 09:31:06 CST