Hardware requirements for Oracle

From: <Sherrie.Kubis_at_swfwmd.state.fl.us>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 08:34:12 -0500

Our site is acquiring third-party software budgeting software called BRASS, which uses an Oracle database. Our management is considering NT or UNIX, and for various reasons I am pushing UNIX. BRASS will have four or five users throughout the year, but for one month during the budget cycle will have up to 100 users. The planner specing out the hardware for this system is proposing a dual processor because he says that Oracle 'likes' a dual processor. I not very hardware knowledgeable, but am questioning whether or not this is needed. With power unit pricing, the number of processors drastically goes up. I have searched MetaLink and everywhere else that I can find, but nothing gives any hard facts on when a dual processor should be considered, or if it is required.

Any insights or direction to information would be greatly appreciated.

Sherrie Kubis
Southwest Florida Water Management District 2379 Broad Street
Brooksville, FL 34604
352.796.7211 Ext 4033
Fax: 352-754-6776
sherrie.kubis_at_swfwmd.state.fl.us Received on Thu Jan 04 2001 - 07:34:12 CST