RE: Alternatives to REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT?

From: Jeffery Stevenson <jeff_at_mpv.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 08:31:50 -0600

...and restrict access to the LINK$ table on the system with the link (since they don't show the password in DBA_DB_LINKS anymore--I've only seen it here, but if anyone else has seen it elsewhere, please feel free to jump in and contribute). I really wish they could encrypt that password...at least it's in the database where access control is a bit easier to accomplish. :)

Jeffery Stevenson
Chief Databeast Tamer
Medical Present Value, Inc.
Austin, TX