Boy am I lucky or what?

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 08:56:58 -0400

The shop here is a Novell 4.11 sp8a running Oracle 7.3.4.0.1 ( I know, no = heckling please). They purchased dual cpu's for the servers but they = aren't supported on 4.11( plan to upgrade the OS to 5.1 "sometime next = year". With the plans to upgrade the OS next year I thought it would be a = good idea to start planning the Oracle upgrade also. But alas "Oracle = will desupport ALL Novell products 12/2001" so that throws those plans out = the window. We also have an Alpha server running Open VMS that I can use. = I decided to investigate using it as the database server. Oracle will = desupport ver 8.0 this year but 8.1.6 is still supported (at least as of = today). This sounded like a good idea because the management wanted to = install the Oracle Applications Package on the Alpha server anyways. I did = some checking on the applications paclages and Oracle is desupporting the = application ver 11 for the Alpha Open VMS and are not porting it to ver = 11i. In fact they recommend you change your os server. Another great plan = down the drain.=20
  I think that for the money they spent on the Alpha Clustered Server last = year they could have bought many Unix boxes.

 I think that Oracle is trying to "desupport" me out of a job!   I also own a Corvair and a Pinto. Both of them have Firestone tires on = them.
Boy am I lucky or what!!!! Received on Fri Oct 27 2000 - 07:56:58 CDT