RE: ORA-12547:TNS:LOST CONTACT

From: Rao, Maheswara <Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 12:43:37 -0400

Mala,

Oracle error manual for this says --- On an Interchange, this can happen if the machine is overloaded.

Now, are you trying to start db through a client machine? If yes, try to start the db directly from the Sun terminal. Also, if possible ask other application people to close their applications and after this try start the db. This way you will eliminate if this error is caused because of many applications running and less memory for Oracle (I doubt this becoz your db was running earlier before machine moving. But give a try).

Rao

Maheswara.Rao_at_SunGardP3.com