RE: ORA-12547:TNS:LOST CONTACT

From: Anil Sikri <anil_sikri_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:15:25 CDT

Hi Mala,

        I think I know what the problem is since I have already experienced it when migrating databases from HP to SUN. Are you sure nothing else has changed except the physical location of the server ?
Make sure your PATH is set in the .profile of your Unix server. If not, set it appropriately.
Now go to $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib and relink the Oracle executable as follows :

           make -f ins_rdbms.mk ioracle

This should solve your problem and you should be able to connect using Server Manager.

Let me know how it works out.

Regards,
Anil Sikri

Share information about yourself, create your own public profile at Received on Mon Oct 23 2000 - 12:15:25 CDT