RE: ORA-12547:TNS:LOST CONTACT

From: Rao, Maheswara <Maheswara.Rao_at_Sungardp3.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 16:05:50 -0400

Anil,

The server is shifted from one location to another location. Nothing has changed. Note that she did not transfer the database from one OS to another OS. It is on the same OS and on the same machine.

My question: Why should she relink? (Yes, relinking is not a time consuming and can be done quickly). I would like to know for my knowledge why relinking should be done.

Thanks,

RAo

Maheswara.Rao_at_SunGardP3.com