RE: Oracle on NT vs Oracle on Linux

From: Gogala, Mladen <MGogala_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 17:50:51 -0400

From: Zhong Hong [mailto:zhong_at_cantametrix.com] Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2000 5:26 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: RE: Oracle on NT vs Oracle on Linux

Just want to throw in 2 cents.
Such choice must be made based on
- What is this database for? How crucial is it?

Cost is just one of them.
As far as what I have experiences, Oracle works better on NT than Linux.

Is this supposed to be funny? The only application that really works on NT is the famous (or infamous if you like it) BSOD. It works really well in the cluster mode, too. NT is not the solution, NT is the problem. If you continue
this, I'll vote for Nader! Received on Tue Oct 03 2000 - 16:50:51 CDT