COBOL Batch programs on OS/390 accessing Oracle DB on SUN ...

From: Rob Wright <rwright_at_lic.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 14:43:55 +1200

Please pardon my ignorance ...

I am currently investigating the possibility of implementing an Oracle database on a SUN box. We have a batch DB2
application suite which we would like to leave on our OS/390. However, rather than talk to a DB2 database, we would
like it to talk to the Oracle database on the SUN box.

Is it possible for the batch application to communicate with Oracle on the SUN? Is it possible without having an RDBMs on the OS/390? What components do we need to achieve this?

Answers to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Received on Tue Jun 06 2000 - 21:43:55 CDT