8.1.6 Bug - statement level triggers

From: Leng Kaing <leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 15:24:44 +1000

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_000_01BFD040.B0825DA2

Hello everyone,

If you're on Oracle 8.1.6 (any o/s will do) can you please try this and let me know if it's causing the same error as I'm encountering.

 <<trig.sql>>
Essentially the scenario is this:

1. table SB1 is the parent of SB2
2. There are statement level triggers on both tables
3. If the statement level trigger on both tables are enabled, and I issue
the statement DELETE * FROM SB1;, the client get ORA-3113. A trace file is generated in the udump area with the following dump:

Exception signal: 11 (SIGSEGV), code: 1 (Address not mapped to object), addr: 0x90, PC: kglpnp()+92
*** 2000-06-06 15:27:11.280
ksedmp: internal or fatal error
ORA-07445: exception encountered: core dump [kglpnp()+92] [SIGSEGV] [Address not mapped to object] [144] [] []
Current SQL statement for this session:

If the statement level triggers on SB2 are disable, the delete statement is processed without any errors.

I've tried the same scenario on 8.0.5 and it is ok. But the errors are there on 8.1.6.1.1.0 and 8.1.6.0.0.

Thanks,

> Leng.
> -----------------
> Leng Kaing
> Tel: +61-3-9843-8440
> Email: leng.kaing_at_hancorp.com.au

------_=_NextPart_000_01BFD040.B0825DA2

        name="trig.sql"

        filename="trig.sql"

set echo on
spool trig.out
DROP TABLE SB1 CASCADE CONSTRAINTS ; CREATE TABLE SB1 (
  PKEY NUMBER NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY ( PKEY ) ) ; CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sb1_ad after delete on sb1 begin
dbms_output.put_line ('sb1 : after delete') ; end ;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sb1_adr after delete on sb1 for each row
begin
dbms_output.put_line ('sb1 : after delete (row)') ; end ;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sb1_bdr before delete on sb1 for each row
begin
dbms_output.put_line ('sb1 : before delete (row)') ; end ;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sb_bd before delete on sb1 begin
dbms_output.put_line ('sb1 : before delete') ; end ;
/

DROP TABLE SB2 CASCADE CONSTRAINTS ; CREATE TABLE SB2 (
  PKEY NUMBER NOT NULL,
  SB1_PKEY NUMBER,
  PRIMARY KEY ( PKEY ) ) ; ALTER TABLE SB2 ADD CONSTRAINT FK_SB1_SB2  FOREIGN KEY (SB1_PKEY)
  REFERENCES SB1 (PKEY)
 ON DELETE CASCADE; CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sb2_ad after delete on sb2 begin
dbms_output.put_line ('sb2 : after delete') ; end ;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sb2_adr after delete on sb2 for each row
begin
dbms_output.put_line ('sb2 : after delete (row)') ; end ;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sb2_bd before delete on sb2 begin
dbms_output.put_line ('sb2 : before delete') ; end ;
/

CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER sb2_bdr before delete on sb2 for each row
begin
dbms_output.put_line ('sb2 : before delete (row)') ; end ;
/

insert into sb1 (pkey) values (10) ;

insert into sb2 (pkey, sb1_pkey) values (100, 10) ;

commit ;

spool off

------_=_NextPart_000_01BFD040.B0825DA2--

 From: "Gurgaon, DBA (CAP, GECSI, CONTRACTOR)" <DBA.Gurgaon_at_geind.GE.com>  Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 11:09:46 +0530
 Subject: RE: Dropping a database under unix

Go to that particular directory by cd <dirname>. ls -l to check the contents of dir.
rm -i <filename> to remove particular file from that dir. Before this check for the location of these files from your database.

Vikas

 From: Vipul Mukund Shah <vipul.shah_at_almarai.com>  Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 08:42:11 +0300

Hi Bruce

I am sorry for sending the wrong email address to pallav next time I will see to it that I am correct. After sending mail I realized that I had send wrong email. so I had send personal message to pallav mentioning the site name www.odtug.com <http://www.odtug.com> . I again apolozie for sending wrong email address to pallav.

Regards,
Vipul

	 From: Vipul Mukund Shah <vipul.shah_at_almarai.com>
	 Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 08:25:48 +0300

	Hi Pallav

	send a subscription mail to ODTUG-DEV2K-L_at_fatcity.com
	<mailto:ODTUG-DEV2K-L_at_fatcity.com>

	Regards,
	VMS