Re: ORACLE ADAPTERS PROBLEM

From: Charles Dye PC <cdye_at_DNT.DIALOG.COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 1996 08:41:32 -0800

Andreas,

A couple of things:

        Check /var/opt/tmp/o and delete all files in there before trying
        to start up.  That is the "name not unique on network" problem.

        You may have to relink.  If so, make SURE $ORACLE_HOME/bin is
        first in your path, and that "which mergelib" evaluates to the one
        in $ORACLE_HOME/bin

        If relinking, I've always found it useful to get rid of ALL mention
        of /usr/ucb stuff in the LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

        You don't have to run the oracle installer to do the relink; you
        can run a makefile as follows:
                cd $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/lib
                make -f oracle.mk install

HTH Regards,