Re: Dallas to host International Oracle User Week (IOUW) '96

From: Jan Baumgras, 566 Bldg., 6-0443 <jbaumgras_at_DOW.COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 1996 09:37:24 -0500

snip>>
> I thought that the banners at the IOUW meeting in Phily last year
> said that the meeting next year was in San Fran. the first week in
> November. Did I mis-read something (to much beer!) or is this
> a different meeting?

end snip>>

My recollection is that the banners re: SF in November were for an Oracle-sponsored meeting, but it was called something else rather thanIOUW. The impression was left that Oracle was taking over responsibility from IOUG, perhaps because there was no advertisement for anything else to be run by IOUG in 1996.

The announcement about IOUW96 also appeared on IOUG's web page along with an address for comments, and I sent a comment that they need to clarify the situation ASAP. In my message I asked that they clarify first that there will be two meetings and second that they explain the differences. That includes explaining any changes in IOUW format caused by having two meetings. I recommended that they post this information both on the web page and to common Oracle discussion groups such as Oracle-l. Hopefully, they'll clear up the confusion soon in all appropriate forums.

Jan Received on Mon Jan 22 1996 - 10:02:47 CST