Re: dbms_sql.parse

From: Wayne Hofman <whofman_at_QCI.COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 1996 08:56:13 -0500

Chris McDevitt wrote:
> After removing the semicolon, I recompiled. Now, when I execute,
> I get the following errors;
>
> ORA-01031: insufficient privileges
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SYS_SQL", line 239
> ORA-06512: at "SYS.DBMS_SQL", line 25
> ORA-06512: at "TCIP.MAKE_PREIMM_VIEW", line 11
> ORA-06512: at line 1
>
> I recall reading somewhere that the owner of the procedure
> needs permission on the dbms_sql package. I thought this user
> had it since it did previously create another procedure
> using the same package. How can I check this and get the correct
> permissions if they're missing.

Chris
You can run the following query from the user in question and you should see the dbms_sql package listed with a 'VALID' status and owned  by 'SYS'.

SELECT object_name

,       status
,       owner

FROM all_objects
WHERE object_type = 'PACKAGE'

The dbmssql.sql script, located under the ORA_RDBMS logical on VMS or in the ORACLE_HOME/rdbms??/admin directory on most others, grants execute on dbms_sql  to public. It
also creates a public
synonym.

Wayne

Go Gators!! Received on Thu Jan 25 1996 - 14:56:59 CST