CDE Tools for Power MAC

From: Kaing, Leng M <LKaing_at_VENTNDS1.TELECOM.COM.AU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 20:09:06 -0500

Hello all,

I've tried installing CDE Tools for the Power MAC without success. It bombs out saying "this machine is not configured for Oracle". Perhaps I'm not doing it correctly. Being a PC user, I double-clicked on the Oracle Install icon. Then double clicked on gui-common files. I couldn't select more than one item at a time, you see. Ok, I was willing to put up with this. Next I clicked the install button (can't remember the exact name). After a bit of thought, the installer rejected my request with this message: "This machine is not configure for Oracle". It happens for every available product.

I rang Oracle support and they say that there are no tools currently available for the Power MAC. I have to try it on a "normal" MAC and then get back to them. End of conversation.

So have you got CDE tools installed on your Power MAC? What are your experiences with this procedure?

TIA,
Leng.

Leng Kaing
DBA - Directory Technology P/L

Tel: +61-3-9892-9081 Fax: +61-3-9892-9344 Email: lkaing_at_ventnds1.telecom.com.au
WWW : http://www.vut.edu.au/~leng/oracle/voug.html Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 20:25:57 CST