Re: Question on Rollback Segments

From: Charles Dye PC <cdye_at_DNT.DIALOG.COM>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 1996 09:29:43 -0800

Chris,

In short, the answer is "No." If you are experiencing performance problems, the OPTIMAL setting on your rbs is not really on the list of first things to check. You should check out stuff like the buffer cache hit ratio, the library cache, dictionary cache, io distribution, etc.

And don't forget to look at the sql that your users are actually executing.

The "OPTIMAL" setting on rbs is there really as a space mgmt thing rather than a performance thing.

Regards,
Charles_Dye_at_corp.dialog.com