Re: List of Universities Using Oracle

From: R Glenn Stauffer <stauffer_at_SWARTHMORE.EDU>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 1996 12:23:42 -0500

> Paul,
> This may be true but I have encountered at least three who are Oracle users
> and Not Banner,
> 2 in CO and 1 in NH. I have also heard rumors that Oracle Corp. is trying
> to build Administrative Systems for Higher Ed., I do not know if anyone has
> gone live with those from Oracle Corp.

That would be interesting given that SCT is one of Oracle's largest VARS according to what they've told us (SCT). I've never heard of this. There might be some academic sites using Oracle Financials or one of the other Oracle Applications, though.

I think you could say that large academic installations of Oracle would be predominately Banner sites. Since Oracle sells the software for educational purposes for a very small fee, I am sure there are smaller installations that would not be related to Banner.

Glenn Stauffer
DBA
Swarthmore College Received on Thu Jan 18 1996 - 12:37:02 CST