Re: Reply to List? Sender?

From: Bruce Pihlamae <bruce.pihlamae_at_A1.CBR.HHCS.GOV.AU>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 1995 08:34:18 +1100

From: NAME: Bruce Pihlamae

        FUNC: Information Services
        TEL: (06) 289-7056 <PIHLAMAE BRUCE_at_A1@CBR>
To:     MX%"ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU"@CNB09W_at_MRGATE@CBR
CC:     MX%"bellwsb_at_CIG.MOT.COM"@cnb09w_at_mrgate@CBR

> From: Bambi Bellows <bellwsb_at_CIG.MOT.COM>
> Subject: Re: Reply to List? Sender?
> To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU>
> List? Sender?" (Mar 13, 2:55pm)
....stuff deleted ...

> Occasionally, someone asks something which is not pertinent to my
> situation here, and I would therefore not necessarily ask that
> person to send me any mail forwarded...*but* someone sends some
> juicy tidbit that really raises my eyebrows and gives me something
> useful. Maybe it happens 10% of the time, maybe more or less for
> other people depending on their situation; but, the bandwidth we
> burn is worth it for one point like x$ksppi!

EXACTLY! Add functionality but don't change the way it currently works.

Add a CC: of the originator and let the reader decide who to reply to.

Why wasn't that option on the ballot ??

Has the ballot been rigged already ? 8^}

> So, the *long* and the short of it, is my vote is for the status
> quo. Unless the sender thinks that the response is of no interest
> to anyone but the questioner, post it publicly. So, for all the
> dead folks I know... 1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a1a!

And such a nice singing voice you have too. 8^}

> Bambi.

Bruce... pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au Received on Mon Mar 13 1995 - 19:09:48 CST