Re: RESIZING ON-LINE REDO LOGS

From: SAWMTIM.SME.ORG <SAWMTIM_at_SUN1000.SME.ORG>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 1995 15:55:25 -0500

--Boundary-12964-0-0

Ryan,

I usually just create additional redo logs with larger sizes. As Oracle shifts to the larger files, I drop the smaller ones.

Tim Sawmiller
Society of Manufacturing Engineers
sawmtim_at_sme.org

--Boundary-12964-0-0

From:"Ryan K. Emily" <owner-oracle-l_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU> To: Multiple,recipients,of,list,ORACLE-L,ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.sunysb.edu Subject: RESIZING ON-LINE REDO LOGS Reply-to: "ORACLE database mailing list X-Orcl-Application: Return-Path: <owner-oracle-l_at_CCVM.SUNYSB.EDU> X-Orcl-Application: Sender: "ORACLE database mailing list."  <ORACLE-L_at_CCVM.sunysb.edu>

I have been keeping a close eye on an application that just went production for us. Currently, our on-line redo logs are set to 1M in size. Yesterday, about 15 or so archived logs were generated in about 5 minutes. If this keeps up, I would like to change my redo log size. Does anyone know of an easy way, or have a procedure for changing the on-line redo log size? I'll probably bump them up to 5M if the same number of archived logs continues to be generated.

Thanks for any responses,

Ryan

--Boundary-12964-0-0--