if any of the below features are interesting to your deployment then please review the doc and apply the essential bundle patches on 12.2.5 environment. Hope this helps to stabilize your environment.
Section 4: Features and Fixes in the Current Code level
The bundle fixes include implementation of the following AD and TXK features and fixes.
4.1: AD Features and Fixes
- The database connection module has been enhanced such that the former multiple connections during adop execution have been reduced to only two connections for all embedded SQL actions.
- Concurrency issues during multi-node configuration have been fixed.
- Redundancy issues have been addressed:
- When calling validation on all nodes.
- Unnecessary calls to the TXK API, have been removed from the cleanup phase.
- Time-consuming database actions have been centralized, instead of being performed on all nodes.
- Multinode logic has been changed to depend on a new table, adop_valid_nodes, instead of fnd_nodes.
- An issue where AD Admin and AD Splice actions were not synchronized on shared slave nodes has been fixed.
- Reporting capabilities have been improved for:
- Abandon nodes and failed nodes.
- Uncovered objects not being displayed after actualize_all in adopreports.
- Out of sync nodes during fs_clone and abort.
- Cutover improvements:
- Restartability of cutover.
- An obsoleted materialized view has been removed from processing during cutover.
- xdfgen.pl has been enhanced to support execution against Oracle RAC databases where ipscan is enabled.
- Support for valid comma-separated adop phases has been provided.
- Several database-related performance issues have been fixed.
- Improvements have been made in supporting hybrid, DMZ, non-shared, and shared configurations.
- The adop utility has been enhanced to support host name containing the domain name.
4.2: TXK New Features and Fixes
- Enhancements have been made to the provisioning tools used in multi-tier environments to perform operations such as adding or deleting nodes and adding or deleting managed servers.
- An enhancement has been made to allow customization of the s_webport and s_http_listen_parameter context variables when adding a new node.
- Performance improvements have been made for cloning application tier nodes, particularly in the pre-clone and post-clone phases.
- Fixes related to cloning support for Oracle 12c Database have been provided.
- Performance improvements have been made for managing application tier services, including implementation of the Managed Server Independence Mode feature (-msimode parameter to adstrtal.sh) to allow application tier services to be started or stopped without the WebLogic Administration Server running.
- On a multi-node application tier system configuration, remote connectivity is no longer required for packaging the Oracle E-Business Suite WebLogic Server domain.
- JVM heap size (-Xms and -Xmx) has been increased to 1 GB for the WebLogic Administration Server and all managed servers.
- Use the Concurrent Program window or page to edit your concurrent program definition.
- Select the Incompatibilities button to open the Incompatible Programs window.
- Add a new global incompatibility rule for your program with the following program:
- Application Name: Applications DBA
- Program Name: Online Patching In Progress (internal name: ADZDPATCH) concurrent program
perl $AD_TOP/patch/115/bin/txkADOPValidations.pl -contextfile=$RUN_CONTEXT_FILE -patchctxfile=$PATCH_CONTEXT_FILE -phase=fs_clone -logloc=/tmp
perl $AD_TOP/patch/115/bin/txkADOPValidations.pl -contextfile=$RUN_CONTEXT_FILE -patchctxfile=$PATCH_CONTEXT_FILE -phase=prepare -logloc=/tmp
perl $AD_TOP/patch/115/bin/txkADOPValidations.pl -contextfile=$RUN_CONTEXT_FILE -patchctxfile=$PATCH_CONTEXT_FILE -phase=cutover -logloc=/tmp
Review the logfile that gets created under /tmp
You can run the scripts for the phase you are interested and it takes not more than 10 mins.
Custom.pll template are sometimes used wrong. In case of 12.2 make sure you use the seeded 12.2 template to put in you customizations. In case if you are migrating from a older release make sure it is created from the latest versions. You can check the version using adident package. ORA-06508 are known to be a problem with older custom.pll template.
$APPLTMP directory in R12.2 if placed in a shared location in a multi node environment the there are know complications in multi node cutover. So best to leave it under INST top for each node.
Run EBS 12.2 Compliance Checker and resolve any violations.
Document 1531121.1, "Using the Online Patching Readiness Report in Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12.2"
The consequences of failing to fix a violation depend on the type of violation. Objects that do not comply with Online Patching development standards may behave incorrectly or become invalid during or after online patching.
Some customers have synonyms from custom schemas pointing directly to the base tables. Don't you think this is a 12.2 violation that should be fixed....
Wish every one a Happy New Year 2015.