HP Mini T210 3F0 boot failure and System Rollback Data disk space issues with Roxio BackOnTrack / aswrvt.sys
If you have an HP Mini 210 or 100 and have had issues with disk running out of space, failures to boot, I feel for you. After a heap of hassle, I sorted my out problems without having to reinstall Windows, and so I'm sharing my experiences as I found many many people with the same issue, but no central resolution. The issues I've had are as follows
- Failure to boot: 3F0 Harddisk does not exist
- Running out of space (see Roxio BackOnTrack)
- Black screen after attempting to uninstall Roxio BackOnTrack
IF you get a failure to startup, screen with 3F0 Harddisk does not exist:
- To access the BIOS, turn on the computer and immediately press the esc key to display the Startup Menu, and then press the F10 key.
- Press F9 to reset the BIOS defaults, and press Enter to confirm the action.
- Press F10 to save the change and exit the BIOS, and then press Enter to confirm.
Hopefully now the computer will restart.Low disk space - "System Rollback Data" hidden secret directory
This netbook came preinstalled with Roxio BackOnTrack, which is the primary source of my woes. Recently I found I was running out of disk space and after deleting a heap of data, then finding I was running out again I installed WinDirStat to check what was going on. On inspection I found a super secret hidden folder System Rollback Data, which is not even visible with "show system files" switched on. Note this is not to be confused with Microsoft Windows System Restore. This folder contained 160Gb out of my 250Gb SSD !!
So after reading I found many pointers for Roxio BackOnTrack being the culprit of the System Restore Data directory size. Note that it seems Roxio BackOnTrack and this super secret directory may have a hook into the boot loader. So beware!
Anyway, without further ado here's what I hit and how to fix it.
- Uninstall Roxio BackOnTrack from the Programs & Features or similar. Note this may take a long time if the backup store is large. I didn't wait, and end task'ed the uninstall process. That may have been a bad idea.
- After killing the uninstall and rebooting I got the dreaded 3F0 hard disk does not exist, fix as per above.
- After fixing 3F0 issue, Windows would not boot, I tried safe mode, command prompt, last known good configuration, all that happened was a black screen after the initial Windows splash. On logging I found Windows load stopped at aswrvt.sys, no further progress. After a lot of searching I found a post that mentioned to delete the file delete the syscow32.sys file in WINDOWS/system32/drivers folder. The next issue was trying to get a utility running so I could get access to the C:\ Drive.
- As the HP Mini 210 doesn't have a CD/DVD drive I decided to run a USB Boot program, after trying Windows restore disk, which didn't boot, I decided to use EaseUS Todo Back Emergency Disk, so I did the following:
- Installed EaseUS Todo Backup Free to another computer and ran it.
- Tools > Create Emergency disk, then created USB bootable drive
- Put that in the HP Mini and changed boot options to move USB to top of the list
- When EaseUS started up went to Tools > Windows Command Prompt and ran commands along the lines of the following and found I only had syscow32x.sys, so backed up and deleted that:
c: cd windows\system32\drivers copy syscow32x.sys c:\temp del syscow32x.sys exit
- Closed EaseUS Todo Backup
- Rebooted - filesystem check kicked in, and Windows booted successfully !
- Get rid of Roxio BackOnTrack - run uninstallapp.exe from C:\Program Files\Roxio ... takes a long time (10's of minutes dependeing on data size), watch the disk space free up as it runs :-)
- Remove Roxio BackOnTrack via Control Panel - Programs and Features
After all that, my machine is running sweetly again. Hopefully this post saves someone from throwing a perfectly fine HP Mini 100 / 210 out the window !!
- Helpful Pointer to uninstall Roxio BackOnTrack.
- Key identification of problematic syscow32.sys file.
- HP forum with other people's woes.
If you like the looks of one of the Enhancement Requests noted below, log a Service Request (SR) on My Oracle Support (MOS) and ask for your MOS Customer record to be attached to the ER / Bug.
Created Logged By Bug / ER Status Product Description 2015/02/22 See ER 9130428 Open AR Need a Standard Way to Export the Aging 7 Buckets By Account Report Output to Excel 2013/10/07 See ER 17069048 Open BIP Enable use of recursive with clause 2013/06/05 See ER 12872320 Open BIP Request to add autofilter functionality to native Excel template (binary) 2012/01/22 Gareth 13616572 Open BIP BI Publisher RTF unable to show a fixed number of lines for a word wrapped cell 2011/05/13 See ER 12423249 Open BIP Adding support of SMTP username/password to "XAPI:EMAIL" bursting for E-Business Suite (EBS) 12.1.X 2010/11/09 See ER 8208646 Open AP/IBY R12 Unable to send Separate Remittance Advice as email attachment in PDF 2010/08/11 Gareth 10019593 Rejected AP/IBY ARXRWMAI - In Receipts Summary form, cannot query by payment server id - PSON (Payment Server Order Number) 2010/07/14 See ER 9908713 Open BIP Need the DeliveryManager API to have a trackback variable for bounced emails 2010/07/18 See ER 9918364 Open BIP Need email body to be set to UTF-8 charset when using East Asian language emails 2010/07/08 Gareth 9891120 Open eAM Need hook to extend EAM Maintenance Work Order Detail Report 2010/06/19 Gareth 9834226 Open AP Need to embed email images Payables/Payments "Send Separate Remittance Advices" 2009/01/07 See ER 7694052 Open AP Does the Supplier Open Interface API Support Updates to Supplier Information? 2005/03/25 See ER 4262148 Open AP Need Public API to manage custom AP Invoice Holds PS. If you would like to monitor Enhancement Requests, and be notified by Oracle of status updates, create a Favorite in My Oracle Support and ensure Hot Topics (Favorites) emails are on as follows.
Create a Favorite:
- Login to My Oracle Support
- Search on the ER / Bug number in the Search box e.g. 4262148
- Click on the orange star next to the Title in the list view, or click on the article and click on the orange star. You should see "Favorite added" status message.
- Go to the Settings tab
- Click on Hot-Topics Email under Personal on the left side menu list.
- Switch On the Hot Topics email, every 1 days (or suitable), and ensure you have checked "Product Bugs Marked as Favorites"
Table of Enhancement Request Statuses Status CodeDefinition 11 Code/Hardware Bug (Response/Resolution) 12 To External (User Group) Review 15 Enhancement Req. Internal(Oracle) Review 19 Approved for User Group Voting 20 To Requestor, Need More Info 22 Approved for Future Release 23 Scheduled for Future Release 50 ER Waiting for Base ER Fix 82 QA/PM to Eval ER, Chg Delivered Internal 97 Closed, Enhancement Rejected 98 Closed, Enhancement Implemented
This is a post from Gareth's blog at http://garethroberts.blogspot.com
- Revisited: Changing the default layout format between RTF/PDF/Excel for BI / XML Publisher 11i Concurrent Requests: Patches 5612820, 7627832 here now!