Re: Oralce 10g2/RAC on AIX. ASM or GPFS?

From: Fabrizio Magni <fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 08:44:15 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:
> Laurenz Albe wrote:
>

>> We also use OCFS but we are facing a problem - it SEEMS that Oracle is
>> not very actively developing and supporting OCFS. While OCFS version 1
>> is certified with RAC, OCFS version 2 is not and it does not look like
>> it is going to be soon.

> Can you please explain this comment given the following?
>
> http://oss.oracle.com/projects/ocfs2/

Hello,
since I had the same problem, I'm jumping in.

 From the link you provided:

"OCFS2 certification with Oracle 10g Release 2 RAC on Linux x86, x86-64, Itanium and Power is currently in progress. Upon completion of certification, Oracle will provide Unbreakable Linux Support for OCFS2 on 10g Release 2 RAC. "

and metalink note #279069.1 on certified filesystems (last modified this week):

"Note: OCFS2 certification with Oracle products is currently in progress."

Regards

--
Fabrizio Magni

fabrizio.magni_at_mycontinent.com