Re: Article about Oracle10.2 and FC5 on ORACLE-BASE is misleading

From: Tim... <tim_at_oracle-base.com>
Date: 30 Mar 2006 00:41:10 -0800

Personally, I always stick with a base installation of CentOS, because it's stable and works with enterprise software. I'm currently using CentOS 4.x.

I use VMware to run other operating systems, including Windows and FCx. This is part of the reason I'm having trouble testing FC5, because it doesn't work as a guest operating system very well in VMware.

I never do any software installations on my base OS. If I want to run Oracle, it gets installed on a virtual machine. That way I don't risk messing up my whole box.

VMware Server is now free. I'm using the beta and it works fine. Perhaps you may want to consider that option?

Cheers

Tim... Received on Thu Mar 30 2006 - 02:41:10 CST